MNZ licences are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The different classes and fees are outlined below, with discounts available for first-time applicants, lapsed members and families.
Licencing is managed via the MNZ Mobile App, except for family discounts and free over 65 applications. For those unable to use the app, PDF forms can be downloaded using the links below.
Family discounts apply to family members living at the same address who are re-licencing at the same time. This discount is not available via the MNZ Mobile App – please use the downloadable licence form and return it via email, post or fax.
- 10% for 2 family members
- 15% for 3 family members
- 20% for 4+ family members
Free over 65 Licences
MNZ riders over the age of 65 years are eligible for a free MNZ Competition Licence. This discount is not available via the MNZ Mobile App – please use the downloadable licence form and return it via email, post or fax.
Classes and Types of Licence
A Championship Licence is required to compete in any Championship or street race event. A full list of Championship events can be found here.
Championship Renewal Licence Fees:
- Senior/Junior $183.75
- ATV $138.75
- Trials $138.75
- Over 65 years FREE – please use the downloadable Licence form and return it via email, post or fax.
A Club Licence is required to compete at any MNZ-permitted event except championship or street race events, which require a championship licence. A Club Licence can be used for support classes only at championship events.
Club Renewal Licence Fees:
- Senior/Junior/Mini $105.00
1. You must be a member of an MNZ affiliated club before applying for your MNZ Licence.
First time applicants or those returning to the sport after three or more years are eligible to receive a discount on the cost of their first Club Licence. The discount is not available via the MNZ Mobile App or on a Championship Licence. Please use the link below to download the application form.
A Club Licence is required to compete at any MNZ-permitted event except championship or street race evetns, which require a championship licence. A Club Licence can be used for support classes only at championship events. Visit Your First MNZ Licence for more information.
New/Welcome Back Licence Fees
- Club Senior/Junior/Mini $80
- OR $50 if two One Event Licences have been purchased within the last 6 months (copies must be supplied with application form)
- Championship Senior/Junior $245
1. You must be a member of an MNZ affiliated club before applying for your MNZ licence.
One Event Licences (OEL) allow riders who don’t yet hold an MNZ Licence to ride at MNZ permitted events.
OELs are purchased on the day from the host club. At the host club’s discretion, OELs may be available free of charge for these non-competitive events:
– Training days
– Have-a-go days
– Practice days
OELs may also be made available for championship events if a rider has a current MNZ Licence and has forgotten to bring it. Should the rider be found not to hold a current licence, or to be ineligible to ride for any reason, a fine of $1,000 will be incurred and the incident referred to the MNZ Board.
This option is available to Club Licence holders at some championship events. It does not apply to street road race events.
Host clubs may choose to offer Special Event Upgrade Licences which allow Club Licence holders to upgrade to a Championship Licence for that specific event. Availability of Special Event Upgrades should be notified on the event entry form but competitors are advised to check with club directly.
Special Event Upgrade Licence Fee:
Conditions of issue:
- Competitors must indicate at the time of entering that a Special Event Upgrade Licence is required
- Competitors must have competed in (and have recorded in their log book) a minimum of:
- Seniors – 3 previous MNZ permitted events
- Juniors – 6 previous MNZ permitted events in the same discipline that the upgrade is being applied for (3 may be One Event Licences provided copies are attached to log book)
- Limited to One Special Event Upgrade Licence per licencing year
Associate Licences are offered for those who want to become a member of MNZ but don’t want to race. It confers membership of MNZ and entitlement to vote, as well as giving access to the Member Benefits programme.
The Associate Licence also allows the holder to race at two MNZ-permitted club events per licensing year.