There are many different categories of Road Racing, from Mini Supersport machines (for riders of just 7 years of age) up to sidecars and Superbikes!
There is also Post Classic & Classic Road Racing it is often said that old motorcycles were never designed to sit in the corner of a garage or shed gathering cobwebs and rust. If you have an old Road bike you’ll certainly find a class to suit riders of most ages and machines of almost year in Road Racing
Grant Ramage is the MNZ Road Race Commissioner and can be contacted by email
New Zealand Superbike Championship
The New Zealand Superbike Championship is the pinnacle of road racing in New Zealand.
It has been the stepping stone to the international stage for NZ road racing talent since its inception. The championship has been developed not only to showcase the premier Superbike class, but also to boost a number of tiered development classes that offer the perfect feeder programme for young talent.
Two illustrious road racing titles are also fought for annually within the NZSBK Championship series:
- NZGP – the New Zealand Motorcycle Grand Prix is contested annually in the last group of races at Mike Pero Motorsport Park, Ruapuna – next up on Sunday 10th January 2021.
- NZTT – the New Zealand Tourist Trophy is contested in the last group of races at Hampton Downs each year – catch it live on Sunday 7th March 2021.
2021 NZSBK Championship Dates:
- NZSBK Round One – 9th & 10st January, Ruapuna, Christchurch – Round One Entry form
- NZSBK Round Two – 16th & 17th January, Levels, Timaru – Round Two Entry form
- NZSBK Round Three – 6th & 7th March, Hampton Downs, North Waikato
- NZSBK Round Four – 13th & 14th March, Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park, Taupo