- Typically a maximum of one life membership per year is awarded at the MNZ AGM, although the Governance Board may award either none or a greater amount (up to two in total per year) at their sole discretion. It should also be understood that life membership does not have to be awarded each year.
- Life members total within MNZ will be typically between 8 and 16 persons at one time.
- Life membership applications must be submitted no later than 28 February for consideration within the same calendar year, with all applications being considered together by the Governance Board.
- Life memberships are awarded for long, well documented and meritorious service.
- Recipients must have, during their time, advanced or improved the sport of motorcycling significantly, such that their contribution is widely recognised as outstanding.
- Recipients ideally should be life members at club level before being considered at national level.
- Life members may be called upon to assist with special projects or for guidance and advice in their specific areas of expertise by MNZ.
- A certificate of life membership is awarded to all successful nominees.
- An official listing and profile will be included on the MNZ Life Membership web page.
- Other rewards include some selected subsidies when/if attending the MNZ AGM and some selected life membership apparel and badges.
Please complete the nomination form with relevant details on the individual. Include as much material as you can to give the Board a complete understanding of his or her involvement and contribution to the sport.
Note: The person making a nomination must be either a full current member of MNZ, a Club or National level official, or hold a senior position within a current affiliated club’s executive (President, Vice President or Captain). The person that acts as the seconder for a Life Membership nomination must be a Club or National level official, or hold a senior position within a current affiliated club’s executive (President, Vice President or Captain).